The three innovations are:
- flower strips to encourage beneficial organisms,
- mixed crops to make better use of soil resources and to make it more difficult for pests to spread, and
- plant mulch to reduce the use of fossil fuels, which are necessary in the production of plastic mulch
The video, which was produced by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), explains these three techniques and the results achieved during the first growing season.
The video is in French and has English, French, German and Italian subtitles.
- youtube.com: Innovative production in the greenhouse: flower strips, mixed crops, plant mulch
- GRAB website: www.grab.fr
- Jérôme Lambion, Groupe de Recherche en Agriculture Biologique (GRAB), jerome.lambion(at)grab.fr
- Hélène Vedie, Groupe de Recherche en Agriculture Biologique (GRAB), helene.vedie(at)grab.fr